Saturday, May 31, 2014

"Release the Bats"

This is probably the liveliest song I've ever written, a fairly busy bass guitar track drives it from start to finish with various percussion and synth treatments creating the "hectic bats" atmosphere. The outro features an electric guitar played by pushing the side of a pick up and down the strings in an almost bow like fashion while moving up and down the neck. I further altered the sound by mixing the main track with a reversed track. I think that makes three times I've used this technique on this album. For those into the finer points of mixing, I used "side chaining" on the bass guitar and drum tracks to get them to sit together right in the mix. They were fighting each other at first but this solved that, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment