Friday, July 18, 2014

Sometimes I Scare Myself - "Lobotomy Ward"

Where I grew up there was a very large asylum a few miles away that I had the chance to go into from time to time(as an employee in an unrelated capacity). While I am pretty sure there were no lobotomy patients(victims?) residing there I did see several very lost souls lounging about and often wondered what could be going on inside their heads. Then one day recently while I was experimenting with the effect settings on one of my guitar amplifiers I recorded what was to become the bed track for this song. Then I got out the synth and when I was done this is what I had recorded. As usual I left it for few days thinking I'll want to make some changes when I get back to it but when I listened to it a few days later the hair stood up on the back of my neck and I started to recall my visits to the asylum, so I left it as it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment